1. To release the unknown password and put the business back to normal operation.
2. To evaluate the existing server and network infrastructure to ensure a reliable IT system for the fast-growing business over the next 2 -5 years.
3. To achieve minimal downtime to the business during system disaster recovery.
4. To achieve a cost-effective investment and low on-going maintenance with a reliable IT infrastructure system that would ensure efficient business operation and maximum ROI.
Result IT Ltd sent an experienced system engineer who released the server password within four hours. However, the server was found to have run out of hard disk drive space, causing the SQL database to stop working. Necessary spare parts for the server were not available in New Zealand and overseas lead time would have been detrimental to the business. Server security also needed to be improved to a professional level.
Due to the urgency of the situation, Result IT Ltd suggested a plan of disaster recovery onto a virtual environment within 24 hours, which meant Harbour Fitness’s business would suffer only one day of system downtime. Once management approved the plan, business was back to normal within 24 hours.
With the server working normally, Result IT Ltd prepared a proposal to add a new server to the Harbour Fitness IT system connecting all three location branches. This was designed to achieve
- Improved productivity
- The ability to work anywhere
- Secure backup
- Online access
- Reduced security stress
- Savings in time and money
Following quotations from other IT companies, the Result IT proposal was accepted and a reliable IBM server installation was completed outside business hours, resulting in no business downtime.
Result IT then moved the Harbour Fitness network infrastructure upgrade to VPN to ensure the best performance and speed on an on-going basis.
In just four hours the unknown password on their existing server was removed.
In just 24 hours server disaster recovery was completed on a virtual environment and business was back to normal.
In one week a new IBM server was installed.
The Harbour Fitness business has suffered minimal downtime and is now running on a reliable server required for their fast growing business.
What Harbour Fitness had to say…
“Result IT is a great IT one stop shop. Their responsiveness, pro-active planning are evident. Their professionalism and knowledge are top notch. They listen and understand the relevant issues and bring forth the right solution in no time. I highly recommend Result IT.”
Bin Xu, CEO of Harbour Fitness Group